Friday 8 January 2010

3 Slags on a Corner : Chapter One


I know this is what you've all been waiting for, the first chapter 3 Slags on a Corner. It is below and I need you to comment if you would like the next chapter. x x x x x

Preface


Chace to my left, Tilly to my right here I am. Stuck in the middle of them. Yeah I’m stuck in the middle of them. Whistle solo. WOoooOOoOOOoOOOooooOOOOOOooo! End whistle solo and get up for toilet. Wait a second, why am I speaking in stage directions?
“Evie stop fucking whistling.” Tilly whacked me with her pillow and rolled over, but fell off the bed. “Ahh!” THUMP! I sat up and looked down at Tilly who was laying on the floor holding her head. I laughed.
“Tilly get off the floor.” She looked really confused.
“Where am I?” I laughed and sighed. Poor Tilly, bad hangover syndrome.



One - Louise

What is up with Romeo! I’ve read this story fifteen times, and he still bugs me. I don’t get why everyone loves him so much; Juliet’s way out of his league. Jeez, they knew each other four days and got married. Unbelievable!
“Louise, would you come down here for a minute?” called that same familiar voice I love to hear every day. I threw the play onto my pillow.
“Coming dad,” I replied as I ran out the room. I got to the bottom of the stairs and stumbled into a pile of empty boxes. What were they for, I thought. I forgot about them, when I noticed my dad pacing in the kitchen. The witch was sitting at the kitchen table, filing her nails, as usual. My dad looked up as I walked into the room, He smiled but his eyes had a look of worry in them.
“Hiya bubs, can you sit down a mo. Your mum and I-”
“She’s not my mum!” my mum died when I was nine and I was stuck with my dad’s secretary, Monique.
“Oh yeah right, well Monique and I would um like to tell you uh something.” Monique still hadn’t looked up, she stretched forward which looked like she was reaching for my dad’s arm; my dad thought so too and reached instinctively, just to be disappointed that Monique was reaching for her wine. Dad pushed his glasses up his nose, trying to hide the fact that he had been rejected, although not literally. He opened his mouth to speak again when Monique interrupted him,
“O.K Louise you’re a big girl now, so I think you can handle it.”
“No, Monique! We decided I was going to tell her!”
“Well then Henry get on with it already, I’ve got a manicure and pedicure booked in half an hour; just tell her we’re moving already.” I scrunched my fore head and looked at my dad. I couldn’t decide whether I was pleased or not.
“Well um Lou, the thing is, we’ve lived in Australia for a long time-”
“Wait a minute; we’re moving out of Australia?” I gasped, we were moving out of this desert at last. Back to civilization. Lucky I hadn’t picked up an Australian accent then. That’s because my dad and my REAL mum are/were English, so I picked up their accent with just a hint of Australian.
Dads hands were out in front of him apologetically, and probably waiting for the hissy fit I was about to throw. However, I think he was expecting a different kind of hissy fit.
“We’re moving, wooooooh, we’re moving,” I started jumping up and down and I could just about see the shock on dads face, and disgust on the witches. “Where are we moving to? Oh please say England, Please, please, please?” he didn’t have to say anything, he just smiled, which just made me start jumping up and down again. “Yes, Yes, Yes!” Then the witch stood up from the corner of my eye and walked over to dad. I stopped jumping and turned towards them as Monique started to talk.
“Well, I did suppose you would be happy, since you haven’t got many friends here anyway, in fact you only have that Annie girl, who’s father collects our rubbish,” she coughed then, but it was a cough of repulsion. “And your father got a much better job over there, with a lot more money.”
She turned towards him then, and started to kiss him. Well, it wasn’t really a kiss, more of Monique licking the face off my dad. My happiness faded but nothing could really bring me down. I turned to leave but caught the witch staring at me, whilst she was still getting off with dad. Then I felt like I was about to hurl and ran upstairs.

*

The following week dragged on involving a whole lot of packing. It turns out dad had already sorted out the house in England, and all the preparations so I didn‘t have to do anything other than pack. However, I still had to say a whole lot of goodbyes, well no, a goodbye.
“Bye Annie” I mumbled into Annie’s arm. As soon as I had told her, she’d grabbed me in to a massive bear hug and cried.
“I’ll miss you forever and ever, you’ve been my best friend since you moved here, stay in contact yeah?” Annie spluttered between her crying.
“Of course,” I smiled, thinking to myself, not really. Annie was an alright friend but we had spend all our lunchtimes in the library or doing homework, I didn’t really know anything about her apart from the fact she was really clever. Just like me, I guess.
I left Annie crying on the park bench and walked over to my dad and the witch sitting in the car. They had the suitcases in the back of the car, that’s when I realised that I would be sitting on a suitcase the whole ride to the airport. That was most likely Monique’s idea. The witch!

We got to the airport and queued up for the baggage control, the queue went quickly and before I knew it, we were on the plane. The pilot was talking to us over the intercom and wishing us all a happy, safe flight and if we had any inquiries to please ask the cabin crew. He started the engine and we raced forward, a huge jolt of excitement passed through me and I gasped. My dad leaned across and squeezed my hand, he smiled. Monique saw the moment and grabbed my dad’s hand, complaining of airsickness. Though we weren’t in the air yet. The plane ran along the runway until we reached the end and left Australian soil hopefully forever. This place had too many bad memories. Every day for the last sixteen years of my life had been spent on that ground, now its time for change.

The next thing I knew my dad was shaking me and beaming. We must have landed safely. I jumped up to look out the windows at England, it was gloomier than I’d expected. It was raining, but hey anywhere was better then Australia. I walked off the plane and stepped into the airport. That’s when I lost all breath in my body. I stumbled back and fell into an old man; he helped me up and I apologized. Dad and Monique carried on walking forward and I followed slowly. The boy was standing next to an amazingly pretty, but very slutty, looking girl. I knew they weren’t together because they both had the same eyes and smile. Neither were looking this way, but I wasn’t really concentrating on the girl, the boy though, my God, I’d never felt like this over a boy before. But it wasn’t as if I was ever going to see him again, so I left it and turned to follow dad.
He wouldn’t go for me anyway, well he might, I’m not ugly; but I’m not overly pretty as well.
I have long black hair, which goes, just past my shoulders. It’s straight and most people think I use straighteners, but they’re too expensive. I also have a fringe, full. I don’t really get the point of side fringes that much; I mean they suit other people but never me. I tried it once and wow did I look bad. My eyes are hazel, which I got from my mum. Most people think I would look like a typical geek but I’m not. In fact I’ve been to parties before and actually been hit on, by pretty ugly guys but still, they’re guys, who I also said “no” to every time.
I’d been lost in my thoughts that I hadn’t realized that dad had the suitcases, all of them, including mine and Monique’s, who was standing right next to him. How out of order was that. I ran over to him and took mine off.
“Here dad, let me help,” I said, whilst glaring at Monique. She gave me a fake smile behind dad and turned around.
“Well Lou, you ready to go to your new home?” he said, which made me produce a huge smile across my face. I was ready, and I couldn’t wait.

1 comment:

Annie said...

ive already read it loads of times before, but i want the next chapter cos its so excellent :D i love it i love it i just read it again, and guess what? I LOVE IT :D

and im featured in it ;)